KNX IP BAOS 774
The KNX IP BAOS 774 is used as Interface for connecting to KNX both on telegram level (KNXnet/IP Tunneling) and on data point level (KNX Application Layer). Clients can directly access Group Objects via either a Binary Protocol (over TCP/IP or UDP/IP) or via JSON (Java Script Object Notation) Web Services. The device is configured with the ETS and supports up to 1000 Group Objects. 10 simultaneous client connections are supported.
BAOS is an acronym for “Bus Access and Object Server”. It is possible to connect to the KNX bus everywhere over LAN. Bus connection over the internet with KNX IP BAOS 774 is also possible. The device supports 5 simultaneous KNXnet/IP tunneling connections.
The buttons are for diagnostic purposes. The LEDs indicate the operating status and communication errors on the bus. Power is supplied via the KNX bus.
For quick and easy integration of BAOS services in your own projects there are two free SDKs available. First, the BAOS Binary SDK, a C++ implementation of the BAOS Binary Protocol. The following systems are supported:
- Mac OS X
- Housing: plastic (PC)
- DIN rail mounted device, width: 1 unit (18mm)
- Weight: approx. 40g
Controls and indicators
- 2 buttons and 3 LEDs (multicolor)
- KNX programming button with LED (red)
- Medium TP
- Device Model System B
- Max. Communication Objects: 1000
- 10BaseT (10Mbit/s)
- Supported internet protocols ARP, ICMP, IGMP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, DHCP and Auto IP
- Up to 5 KNXnet/IP Tunelling connections simultaneously
- KNX BAOS Binary Protocol V2.0
- KNX BAOS Web Services (JSON)
- KNX Bus approx. 15 mA
- Bus connector for KNX (red/black)
- LAN RJ-45 socket